Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A morning with mommy

The day before Papa Doug left to head home to Rochester, we were telling Stanley that Papa Doug had to go back home to go to work. Stanley volunteered the information that "My dadddy goes to work". I'm not sure how it came up next, but he then said "My mommy goes to yoga". Hmm. It has been a nice maternity leave for sure. I'm guessing life will be a lot harder once I'm back at work. 

This morning was pretty typical of our slow mornings. Amelia gets up at 7:30 and has some time looking and enjoying the new fan installed in the house.
Stanley eats his raisin bread french toast. (I also partake--it is quite good)
A little bit of playing with our toys and Amelia at home. 

 

And then we head off to school. Stanley has quite the choices for getting to school...
- Walking
- Running
- Skipping
- Stroller (which usually means he is either eating breakfast or drawing pictures)
- Boogie board (on the back of the stroller)
- Or tri-cycle

If someone else has Amelia, we can ride the big bike.

Today he chose to draw pictures of the spider webs and Halloween decorations while we walked. Amelia slept in her bassinet.

Here is his art. I am very impressed since we are going over bumps and street edges the whole time.  It includes a a purple spider web (I think the circle is the spider, but I'm not 100% sure), a purple star, an orange kite. And, the black was something, but we went over a big bump and it get messedup, so Stanley scratched it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment