Friday, September 18, 2015

New Words

Him: "What are those?"
Me: "Pits."
Him (after thinking for a while): "Just like the Rancor pit!" 
Me: "Yup, just like that." (Glowing a little)


He has a book with Lego figures that tells most of the story from "Return of the Jedi" and we have read it about 1.4 million times. Apparently he is learning stuff from it. He will grow up to be a good little Star Wars fan. Maybe. 

My concern at this point is that his Lego book is spoiling the plot and all the surprise of Star Wars. But I already know the story, and that doesn't stop me from wanting to watch the movies any more. 

1 comment:

  1. Yikes how can Stanley remember Rancor's pit and I completely forgot about it. That's the different between Stanley's young mind and his grandmother's old mind. Plus, he sees words in lots of different contexts while I see them only in one literal situation.
    Glad that book is still important.

    ReplyDelete