Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Crawling King

Since Thursday, when Stanley really starting crawling, he has been developing his new skill quite quickly. We figured we had about a week to work on protecting our stairwell. But, I was talking with my dad (Papa Doug) on my way home from work Friday afternoon and he mentioned that I should protect our stairs right away. His comment was very timely. On Friday evening, Steve and I were cooking and Stanley was on his living room play mattress. I kept looking over at Stanley and he was doing just fine. Then I took a glance over and Stanley was about 2 feet taller than he normally is--he was on the second stair! Yikes.

No pictures of this--I grabbed him in one quick woosh.

On Saturday afternoon, Steve opened up our back door to let Stanley venture out. He enjoyed leaving the house and spending some time on the mat. But, he didn't venture too far, he stayed on the mat and then returned into the house.


He is quite careful. I've watched him pull up onto the stairs or the chairs. He is very careful to make sure his hands are well placed. He tries and tries and then finally when he knows when he will be ok, he makes his move. The only time that he has fallen is when he pulls up onto his round toy that moves--the toy moves to in a circle and Stanley goes down leaning on the toy.

He also has picked up the skill of pulling himself up. Take a look at the video below. Here he is pulling himself up to standing.

2 comments:

  1. Stanley is on his way; from crawling to standing to walking out the door. Good luck on keeping track of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he's pulling up to standing! That's really early. You guys have your work cut out for you following this kid around.

    ReplyDelete