Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

A few days before mother's day, I was telling Steve about how I had neglected to send a card to my mom. He mentioned something about what I wanted to do for mother's day. "What do you mean?" is about all that I could say. Somehow it had never crossed my mind that I got to celebrate mother's day from the other side. 


Well, Steve and Stanley made it a wonderful day for me. They let me sleep-in while they made my favorite breakfast.  (I'm guessing Stanley was not a big part of the cooking, but at least he let Steve do it.) They both came in to wake me up by giving me a precious card and a new running hat. The card had Stanley's hand print on it. Since we did not have any washable paint, Stanley's hand print was done in soy sauce. It worked pretty well as you can see. I am hoping this starts a tradition!

Then for the rest of mother's day, Kate and I both left our boys with the dad's and went for a bike ride. And later in the day, Uncle Flounder watched Stanley while Steve and I went for a date.

It was a wonderful day! I got to spend it with my baby boy, my husband, my brother, and friends. How perfect! I'm a very lucky mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment