Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Story Time

Julia walked into the living room at her parents house in Rochester this afternoon and found us engaged in story time.  However, I had grown tired of Stanley's books (and there were not any of them within reach at the time) so I read to him from the book I just started reading.

Just don't tell your mom if you go on any adventures like this, Stanley.
That book is Endurance, the story of Ernest Shackleton's adventures on his attempted trans-Antarctic expedition in 1915.  Not really a children's book, but he seemed to enjoy it.  Actually, he was probably more enamored with the nice black and white picture of a frozen sail boat on the cover as I read to him.  We had a grand old time reading about some very salty old adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny. I wanted to catch up on your blog and Andrew is sitting right here. So I figured I'd read it to him. He's smiling and making little happy faces as I read. Enjoy the time when babies just want to be talked to. I tried to read a page of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to Brian the other day and he declared it "boring".

    ReplyDelete