Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bye Bye Rochester

Yesterday, Stanley, Steve, and I ventured back from Rochester.

We will miss being in Rochester. It was lots of fun to spend time with Papa Doug and Lolo, see friends, have a wonderful Christmas, and even show Stanley snow. When we took him outside, Stanley gave us a look of "what the heck are you doing out here, it is cold!"


I just imagined he was thinking. "Guys, I like the cold, but this is the freezer, take me inside."







In general, Steve and I can sum our vacation with the word SLEEP. Finally, lots of sleep. Every morning, we would hand over Stanley early in the morning to Lolo and Doug and Steve and I would sleep for ages. One time, I even slept till 1pm! This is the first time that I feel rested in months.



On the way back, Stanley really gave our packing job a run for its money. 4 blow outs later, we were on the last outfit and I was covered in Stanley bodily liquids. The first item of business was a bath for Stanley and me when we returned home. If you can, try to avoid 757 planes with an infant. They do not have changing tables. Since he is too big to change on my lap, the first time I changed him on the toilet seat cover. Not ideal. The next blow out was when there was lots of turbulence. So, Steve and I did it while sitting in our seats. Also, not ideal, especially since we were able to get first class. 










No comments:

Post a Comment