Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Decisions

Steve and I were pretty set on having a daycare in Mountain View near to my work. I wanted to breast feed during work. However, after going through a few not so good centers and a few others with wait lists longer than a 4 year old's Christmas list, I gave up the breastfeeding during work idea. This opened up a few more options.

On Tuesday, Steve and I visited two very nice places very near to the old office of my company. (Just another reason it is too bad we moved!!) We liked both of them and we have a good likelihood of getting into one of them. Hurray!

However, there are other options in the works right now. On Monday, the pediatrician suggested having a  nanny-share since this would probably keep Stanley away from a few colds/flus while he is under 6 months. This put a nanny-share into my mind (though it wasn't just about the germs). A nanny-share in SF would mean that our poor little boy would avoid 2+ hours in the car and both Steve and I could work on the pick-up/drop-offs and it would mean that I could work from home once in a while. So, I started looking into nanny-shares and found a family. Stanley and I met Peter (11weeks) and his mother today. They also need a nanny starting in January. We will keep you posted if this works out. They used a nanny previously for their older daughter.

At least we have options and decision to make. This is far better than where we were a few days ago.

Supposedly I'm going to be back at work in 1.5 weeks (2 days per week). It seems impossible right now especially after last night when I slept from 10:45pm-12:50am and again from 4:50-6:15. I'm hardly standing right now.

Off to bed.

And, as a follow up, Stanley was very keen on blogging two days ago...



2 comments: