Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nanny share

Today Steve, Stanley, and I met with a potential nanny share family who live about 6 blocks from us. We all went out to lunch.

Stanley slept the whole lunch; Steve and I had a very pleasant time. We have very similar hobbies and it turns out the dad will be working in the same building complex as me (Julia). Plus, we have similar requirements for the nanny. So, we agreed to do a nanny share with them. Both Steve and are thrilled how this seems to be working out. It will really help that Stanley is not in the car for 2+ hours per day and it is nice that both Steve and I can help with pick-up and drop-off. (This morning I went to the grocery store with Stanley and he screamed the entire trip home. I walked in the door with a screaming baby, handed him to Steve and said "Nanny share here we come".)

Anyways, the mom has two potential nannies and we will interview them also. Both are Russian so maybe Stanley will pickup some Russian and he can help us on an adventure in Russia someday.

So far this seems as though it is working out really well and has greatly relieved my worries of about a week ago when we did not have any options. We are all excited.




1 comment:

  1. Stanley could learn the Russian alphabet that I never seem to remember. Plus, new sounds will be good for his ear. However, to have him really remember the Russian you may have to keep with this nanny for several years

    ReplyDelete