Sunday, January 8, 2012

Developments

Stanley really developed quite a bit while Lele was around. Here are some items that she noticed he developed during the 6 days she was here.

- He finds his thumb in his mouth. I believe it is right thumb, but I'll have to watch. If he chooses his left hand then he likes the first two fingers.
- For our bed-time routine, we have taken to washing Stanley's hands. We figure this will turn into washing teeth later. On Thursday and Friday, Stanley really started grabbing at the water and playing with it. He seems to really enjoy the texture of the running water. At one point, he was grabbing at the water and then grabbed the faucet. Yup, just what I'm sure you expected, water sprayed everywhere. I'm sure we will have many more spraying sessions, but I'm ok with them--it is fun to watch him explore these new items
- Stanley is much more in control of his talking. When we are smiling with him, he will make all sorts of sounds. And, in the morning he is quite the chatty little man. He talks quite loudly; everyone sleeping can definitely hear his quite noises.
- Stanley loves to laugh with us lately. We can get him laughing, which of course makes us laugh, and so on.  So much fun!
- His grasp is getting to be so strong that we can almost pull him up my his hands holding ours. Not completely, but almost.

Exciting is the world of a 3.5 month little guy. I wish that I learned this quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment