Sunday, January 1, 2012

Go the F to sleep

Before Stanley was born, my mom gave Steve a book "Go the F* to sleep". It is quite a funny children's book about a father trying to get a kid to sleep so that he can watch a movie with his wife. The entire book is basically saying Go the F* to sleep.

I figured my mom was giving it to Steve since I was never a very good sleeper. I understand now! We have been trying to get our little boy to sleep all day. He was awake even when he normally sleeps on walks. He was wide awake looking around in the moby for more than 1/2 the hike and awake for my 30 minute run while in the stroller. I think he has started seeing a lot further and wants to enjoy his new found sight.

Steve finally got him to sleep, but 3 minutes later he was back up and smiling. Even while nursing, he will stop look up and smile at me. It is very endearing, but really, won't you just go to sleep for a few minutes?  The book title seems very fitting for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment