Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Big Big Adventure

Stanley and I have previously taken 'big adventures' to the other side of SF. However, tomorrow we are going on a VERY big adventure. We are heading to the airport on our way to Rochester. My dear neighbor from growing up, Simon, died on Wednesday and we are headed to his funeral. He was a wonderful grandfather figure to Geoff and me and we will miss him dearly.

I'm a little nervous and anxious about the trip. Please keep your fingers crossed that Stanley likes flying, we do not have anyone sick near us on the plane, and we hopefully have a nice mother sitting next to us on the flights.

The nurse on the phone said to feed Stanley on the way up and down for his ears. She would have said 'no' to a trip to Hawaii at 4 weeks, but she thinks this is OK. When she asked me where I was going and I mentioned Rochester in upstate NY, she said 'For sure that is not Hawaii'.

Along with Simon's whole family, we will get to see Lolo, Papa Doug, and Flounder while we are there. Flounder just came to visit us in SF 2 nights ago. He took Stanley for a walk while Steve and I slept and Stanley screamed for a good 30 minutes of the walk. Hopefully Flounder and Stanley can have some quiet peaceful walks this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment