Friday, October 14, 2011

Setting Expectations

Steve went back to work yesterday, Thursday. So it was just Stanley and me at home. I like to be a busy body in general and put lots on my 'To Do List'. However, I've started to realize that I need to limit what is realistic. Just getting out of the house can take 2-3 dirty diapers before Stanley will let us get out.

Thursday's goals:
- a walk
- stop by a post box to mail bills
- take a nap
- Brush teeth before noon
- Go to CostCo to pick up pictures & fish for dinner
- Shower

The last one did not get done till after Steve came home, but in general, I was quite proud of our accomplishments especially the CostCo run. It is amazing how if you lower expectations, how you can actually finish stuff ;-) I doubt the floor will get cleaned until a grandmother comes back to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment