Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nature in the city

(This post is from before I left for Rochester, but I didn't get a chance to post it before we left.)

Rebecca and Violet asked us on a play date to the Botanical Gardens. It is right next to the California Acad. of Science. However, we didn't need a science museum; we had our own nature/science experience in the gardens. Violet was leading us down a little path and then there was a loud noise about 15 feet from us. Rebecca grabbed Violet because she could not figure out what it was. (Stanley was in the Moby on me.) All of the sudden, a HUGE hawk took off from the tree near us with a squirrel in his beak. He flew up to the tree above us, de-furred the squirrel and then ate it. Violet, Rebecca, and I watched and Stanley slept through the adventure. I am just glad that the two kids were near us; the hawk was so big it seems like he could have picked up little Stanley.
Watching the hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment