Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Julia's first Street Walking

Last night, I decided to take Stanley during his fussy period (8pm-1am) so that Steve could sleep to be alert for his first day back to work today.  So, I ventured onto the Noe Valley streets with Stanley screaming in the stroller. I used the stroller since it is raining here and I didn't want to risk falling with him in a sling on the wet slick streets.

Stanley was screaming at the stop of his lungs. As I walked down Church street, a man at the light rail stop looked at me, looked at the stroller, looked at me again and then decided to tell me that my baby was crying. My first instinct was to say, 'Oh really? I didn't notice." But I politely said "Thus the reason I'm out walking the streets in the rain at 11:15pm".

Steve has an experiment, so I'll be walking the rainy streets for the next two nights.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. A tired new mom, out at night in the rain with a baby, and you decide to point out to her that the baby is crying?! He's either the bravest man in San Francisco, or the stupidest. You can guess which one my money's on. He's lucky you didn't run him down with the stroller right then and there.

    ReplyDelete