Friday, October 14, 2011

Rough Night

Stanley and I had a rough night with each other. Steve had to get up at 3:15 am for an experiment, so Stanley was stuck with me all night. Apparently, he was not happy. He let me know it by screaming super loudly from 9:45-midnight. At that point, I had hit my limit--my ears hurt, I had a headache, and I was at wits ends.

I took Stanley in to see his Dad in the other room at midnight and of course, as soon as Stanley's head hit Steve's shoulder he quieted down with a few gentle Dad bounces. With that, Steve put both tired and cranky mother in bed with the now quiet and pacified Stanley. This at least lasted for about 3 hours before we started the whole process again. Unfortunately, by that next round, Steve was already at work and Stanley had to deal with my bouncing and rocking, which is not at all is wonderful as his dads.

We are both off to sleep right now. Hopefully tonight, will be a bit better. Steve again has to leave at 3:15 am. If I don't write anything on the blog tomorrow, you will know why.



1 comment:

  1. That sounds really hard. Does Stanley sleep during the day? Can u catch up on sleep then?

    ReplyDelete