Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tradition

Stanley wasn't feeling well on Sunday in Rochester. He was quite agitated and banging his head all around. He was more unhappy when he would crash his head into one of our shoulder bones. At this point in life, Stanley can probably blame it on Mom's milk and what I ate.

On Sunday night, at 3 am, I went to the grocery store to by a thermometer to see if he had a temperature.  As I was coming back, the gas light came on in the car. I got back and opened the thermometer to find that it was broken. So, back to the store I went after finding the keys to the other car. He did not have a temperature.

Since Stanley would not sleep at all, Grandma Lolo brought out tradition to make him feel a bit better. Lolo rocked him in the chair her grandma (Stanley's Great-Great Grandma) used to use to rock Lolo and the blanket Lolo used when nursing Mommy Julia. Here Lolo is in her PJs because Stanley, Lolo, and Julia only got about 2 hours of sleep.


The rocking helped and he was much better by Monday morning. We were all pretty tired though. When Uncle Flounder got up at 4am for his flight home Lolo, Stanley, and I were all up laying in bed together trying to figure out what I had eaten that would make such a fidgety boy. (I'm guessing it was the tea that I drank on Saturday.)

Thank goodness Stanley was a bit better by Monday morning. I did not want a miserable boy on the plane ride home. He slept like a log on the Rochester to Washington flight. However, he was up and looking around or crying on the IAD to San Fran flight. Everyone was really nice about his crying, but I still felt bad about him crying so much. The family next to me said he sounds so quiet even though it sounds really loud to me.

People kept coming to look at him (there aren't many 5 week old babies on planes with only one parent) and lots of people offered to hold him if I needed help. Anyways, we arrived safely, but Steve did notice pretty quickly that there was poop and spit-up on Stanley, me and the Moby and I was a  VERY tired Mom.

Stanley was given his wings by the flight attendant on the last flight; we will put them in his baby book. We had a great trip and I am very glad that we went. We will miss Rochester, but it is wonderful to be home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment