Monday, October 10, 2011

:-( Grandparents leaving

Steve and Stanley are in bed and I'm up posting. I'm exhausted, but I cannot sleep. The grandparents are heading home tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about how the house will go on without them. We have had Lolo, then Leigh Ann and Grandpa and then Lolo and Papa Doug--there was no day without them. We will miss you!!!

Stanley will sure miss his 8-10:30am grandparent walk every morning. Except for his first 2 mornings in the hospital, Stanley has been lucky to stroll with his grandparents every morning. Strolling with Papa Doug yesterday, they did around 6 miles of up and down and up and down the SF hills. Later in the afternoon, we caught them both sleeping--Stanley in his bassinet and Papa Doug in the Ikea chair. Unfortunately, I took the picture just as Papa Doug woke up.

They have helped cook, clean, do laundry, take Stanley while I take a shower or brush my teeth. It has been amazing. Today Papa Doug put together Stanley's toy. Here, I'm not sure who is more entertained with the toy, the grandparents or Stanley.




No comments:

Post a Comment